Tree Trimming Surprise and Removal Goals before pruning define specific goals to achieved with each tree. Factors that should be considered when defining our trimming goals are:
- The Species, natural growth form and other characteristics such as flowering, Fruiting in the trimming process etc.
- Undesirable growth that needs trimming off.
- Potentially Tree Trimming hazardous conditions that tree trimmers can addressed
- through trimming.
- The desired functions of the tree. How to trim the tree to improvement.
- Most important when trimming trees is the age and health and how it response to tree trimming itself.
Maintenance Tree Trimming is recommend when the primary objective is to maintain or improve the tree health and tree trimming structure of a tree. Maintenance trimming should consist of one or more of the following trimming types:
- Crown Cleaning and Trimming shall consist of the selective tree trimming removal of one or more of the following items: dead, dying, diseased, weak branches and watersprouts from a tree's crown.
- Crown Thinning and trimming shall consist of the selective tree trimming removal of branches to increase light penetration, air movement and reduce weight.
- Crown Raising and trimming shall consist of the tree trimming removal of the lower branches of a tree in order to provide clearance.
- Crown Reduction Trimming ( crown shaping ) reduces the height of a tree or individual limb.
- Vista Trimming is the selective trimming of framework limbs or specific areas of the crown to allow a specific view of an object from a predetermined point.
- Crown Restoration Trimming should improve the structure, form and appearance of trees which have been severely headed, vandalized or storm damaged.